March 21st, 2013
Introducing DD-WRT iPhone App:
Ever wanted an easier way to manage your dd-wrt router? Well now you can. Darren from DAP Logic has created an iPhone app that lets you connect, monitor and adjust your dd-wrt router right from your pocket. It even works remotely when you’re away from your router. And now this dd-wrt iPhone app has support for connecting and disconnecting your router from the Astrill servers. There’s now no need to boot up your pc just to switch your Astrill VPN connection on or off.
Anyone that has tried using the dd-wrt web interface on an iPhone/iPod will know that some pages are impossible to navigate to. Well not any more.
Here are some of the features available in the app which can be downloaded from the App Store here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dd-wrt/id556621431?mt=8
Add multiple routers
View a multitude of stats on your router, including the status of your Astrill VPN connection
For added protection, use the Wireless MAC Filter that’s built into dd-wrt, with an extremely easy interface for adding MAC addresses
One touch Wake On LAN
Send quick, instant commands to your router
Full telnet client
Easily Connect, Disconnect and change server with your Astrill VPN account
Check (https://www.astrill.com/ddwrtapp) page for more screenshots of Astrill VPN on DD-WRT iOS app.
July 28th, 2012
Astrill partners with VPN Router manufacturers. All routers come per-configured, and ready to use at your door-steps. We ship VPN routers worldwide.
Connect all your devices to VPN
- Smart Phones
- Streaming Devices
- Smart TVs
- Game Consoles
Astrill VPN routers offer you the ability to share your VPN connection with multiple devices on your network, including PS3, Xbox, Roku Boxes, Boxee, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Android mobiles, Android tablets, all your computers and laptops and any other devices that can connect to a router for Internet Connectivity (though Wi-Fi or LAN). The router software has been developed by US company in order to optimise router performance and take benefit of its full power.
Why to choose Astrill VPN router:
- Easy to set-up even for unexperienced users
- Fastest VPN router software – faster than DD-WRT!
- Connect your whole household / office to VPN with only one device
- Device filter – choose which devices go through VPN
- Site filter – select sites that go through VPN
- Port forwarding – works with BitTorrent and P2P applications
Astrill VPN Routers range:
Order Astrill VPN Router now:
July 19th, 2012
What’s new in Astrill 2.7?
- New: Router Setup Wizard which now supports DD-WRT and Tomato based routers and new router applet v2.1
- New: router applet 2.1 coded from scratch for both Tomato and DD-WRT ! New premium features offered only by Astrill – Device Filter (select which devices will go over VPN), Site Filter (which sites will go over VPN) and Port Forwarding.
- New: Network redirection component for Macintosh and Linux. Improved LSP (Network component) for Windows. Astrill now works with all flash based streaming web sites in all top browsers and Application Filter for OpenVPN mode is now supported on all three platforms as well – Windows, Macintosh, Linux
- New: Site Catcher tool – allows you to build your custom Site Filters for OpenVPN mode very easily. Do you want to stream just certain sites through VPN? Now it’s so easy to do that!
- New: Native 64 bit version for Linux including appropriate Debian (.deb) and RedHat (.rpm) packages. Astrill now works on more Linux platforms than ever.
- New: ‘Stealth OpenVPN’ mode – a premium feature offered by Astrill only. Stealth mode will work behind very restrictive/censoring firewalls and it’s practically impossible to block it! Even better – your ISP will have no clue you are using a VPN – Stealth protocol we use will not be recognized as any standard VPN protocol !
- New: Improved OpenVPN network driver for Windows – improves speed and avoids conflicts with 3rd party OpenVPN applications.
- New: automatic port forwarding using UPnP and NAT-PMP protocols. Most P2P applications (including Bittorrent) can now forward ports automatically without user intervention !
- New: Speed Test tool – test the speed of all servers easily ! This tool will help you to find out the fastest server for your current location/ISP.
- Updated: OpenVPN is updated to version 2.2.2 for greater security and performance enhancements.
- Improved: Application and Site Filters for OpenVPN mode for greater flexibility and easier use.
- Improved: Site Filter in OpenWeb mode to be easier for use. ‘Smart Mode’ is available in Site Filter window. You can now add custom sites to Smart Mode filter as well !
- Improved: user interface – as we are adding new servers frequently, servers list is getting bigger and bigger. We now sort the list by placing TOP 7 most used servers on the top for easier access. It’s possible to sort servers alphabetically as well. On Windows – you can search for a server by typing a few letters.
- Improved: user interface – now you can switch between OpenWeb and OpenVPN protocols after you login using a button in the title bar !
- Fixed: Media Recorder to work with recent changes on Youtube. It’s possible to plug 3rd party flash recorders with Astrill – for example RTMPSuck – and record videos from Hulu and similar sites (this is for “hackers” only ).
- Fixed: tray icon on Ubuntu with Unity (you will need to logout and login again for the icon to appear).
- Fixed: Mac OS crash caused by a bug in OpenVPN TUN/TAP driver.
- Fixed: an issue with threads limit on Windows and Macintosh which caused “Unable to create a new thread – Error 8″ – or “Unable to create new semaphore – too many threads” which were occurring when you open a lot of tabs in a web browser.
- Hundreds of other enhancements
In short, version 2.7 brings you a powerful Router applet, makes it possible to watch ANY flash based site on ALL platforms (Windows/Linux/Mac) in all top browsers when using OpenWeb mode, while OpenVPN mode brings very flexible Application and Site (IP) filters. Astrill now features Stealth OpenVPN which makes Astrill the only VPN working in countries with high censorship (Syria, UAE, Iran, etc.) and practically unblockable by firewalls.
We have released a new version of Astrill Dialer application for Windows as well. The new version supports PPTP, L2TP/IPSec and SSTP protocols. SSTP is suitable for users from countries with high censorship or in case your ISP blocks conventional VPN protocols. The application is available on our download page.
When installing new version, over old version, don’t forget to reboot your computer !
May 1st, 2012
Download Astrill Dialer 1.1
(Fast download link for Asia and America)
(Fast download link for Europe)
SSTP protocol is most secure and fast, suitable for tunnelling all applications on your computer, and also works with P2P applications (BitTorrent, such as uTorrent, BitComet and many others clients). Secure Socket Tunnelling Protocol (SSTP) is a form of VPN tunnel that provides a mechanism to transport PPP or L2TP traffic through an SSL 3.0 channel. SSTP protocol was developed by Microsoft, and is equivalent to OpenVPN. SSTP was first introduced by Microsoft since Windows Vista SP1, soon followed Linux and Mac OS X implementations for SSTP. The main advantage of SSTP protocol is that it is secure as OpenVPN protocol, and also adopts all features of OpenVPN protocol. On top of that, SSTP is firewall friendly and works behind restrictive firewalls at schools, cafes, hotels, airports. Astrill has implemented SSTP protocol for Linux.
We will soon provide Linux/Macintosh as well as Android clients for SSTP.
Read more on VPN protocols supported by Astrill.
January 30th, 2012
What’s new ?
+ New Router Setup Wizard which now supports DDWRT and Tomato and our router v2.0 applet.
+ Implemented Network Redirector component for Macintosh and Linux so now application filter works on all platforms: Windows Vista and up, Snow Leopard and newer and Ubuntu 8.10 or newer.
+ Reimplemented Site Filter and Application Filters for OpenVPN mode which are now easy to understand and use.
+ Fixed system crash on Macintosh which was caused by a bug in OpenVPN driver.
+ Removed tweaks for Firefox completely. Not necessary anymore as we utilize system-level network redirectors on all platforms.
+ Numerous internal changes to improve performance and reliability
+ Smaller user interface improvements on Macintosh
+ Country IP blocks are now optimized so loading of “Tunnel only Internatonal” sites is faster at least for 50%.
In short, version 2.7 brings you poweful Router applet, makes it possible to watch ANY flash based site on ALL platforms (Windows/Linux/Mac) in all top browsers when using OpenWeb mode, while OpenVPN mode brings very flexible application and site (IP) filters.
What’s not yet finished ?
We are redesigning server Speed Test tool, so in the current beta it is broken. All other application features should work.
- Due to an unknow bug in kernel extension, on some systems with Mac Snow Leopard (10.6.x 32-bit) the system will crash. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. We are currently investigatin this issue.
Please report all bugs to email@example.com
Thanks for testing!